Tournament Director's Notes
Welcome to the Santa Barbara Men’s Open on Saturday, June 30 at East Beach Courts. We are looking forward to a great day of volleyball!
Here is the basic tournament info!
CHECK IN begins - 8:15AM
CHECK IN will CLOSE at 8:45AM
TOURNAMENT play will BEGIN at 9 am. If you are running late, please call Eric Arneson at 805-452-7608 or Chad Arneson at 805-452-2579.
Failure to check-in at above times, may result in loss of team spot.
REGISTRATION & ENTRY FEE
• You must register online by 5 pm the day before the event. PLEASE note new cutoff time! Please don't wait until the last minute! Register online early so you don't miss out. Walk ups NOT allowed.
• Each player must be a CBVA member to play Membership is $25 per year - complete your membership online before you register for this tournament.
• Online registration for Tournament entry fee is $75 per team.
• Refund Deadline will be 12 pm on the day before each event.
*You will get a confirmation via e-mail after properly registering.
FORMAT - POOL PLAY
• All matches will be played with The Wilson Official Beach Game Ball.
• Open will be placed in front of the Cabrillo Bath House, Santa Barbara and are 1-day events
Pools are seeded according to current CBVA & USA rankings and points of all teams entered in the division. Limit 40 teams. Top 2 teams in pool advance to single elimination game (28 points) and Semis and Finals will be match play 2 out of 3.
PLAY-OFF PROCEDURES – Will follow CBVA Guidelines
Advancing teams are determined by:
• Win - Loss Record
• Head - To - Head
• Point Differential only among the teams that are tied...
• After initial tie is broken, go back to head-to-head if remaining teams are still tied.
• Point differential among all teams in the pool.
• Coin toss
Cash Prizes to be determined by CBVA Office
PARKING & FOOD
*Limited free parking on Cabrillo Boulevard in front of East Beach courts
*All day parking lot is next to the courts for $12.
*East Beach Grill is closed for major renovations for summer 2018.
Eric Arneson and Chad Arneson